Restoring Smiles in Redwood City, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto & Menlo Park
At Smile Craft Dental, we focus on preventing dental problems. When things do not go to plan, however, our team has everything you need to get your dental health back on track. We specialize in restorative dentistry in Mountain View, Redwood City, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park. Several treatment options are offered to improve the function and appearance of your smile and your overall oral health.
Always a pleasure going to this dentist and has been the best I’ve ever had.Shari H.
Improving Tooth Appearance & Function
Teeth can be weakened by decay, injury, and other damage. When the problem is caused by tooth decay or injury, we are often able to save the tooth and strengthen it with a filling or dental crown.
We can strengthen and restore weak or damaged teeth with:
- Dental fillings – Composite resin fillings are effective for restoring minor to moderate tooth decay. The composite resin material can be color-matched to your tooth enamel, so the filling blends with the rest of the tooth.
- Inlay and onlay – These restorations are used when the decay is too large for a filling, but not large enough for a crown. An inlay is placed within the bite surface of the tooth. An onlay extends beyond one or more of the occlusal cusps.
- Dental crowns – A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that fits over the existing teeth to improve the structure and strengthen the tooth. Porcelain is often used for crowns for aesthetic reasons. The tooth is reshaped to accommodate the crown and a special adhesive is used to bond the crown to the tooth.
The right treatment depends on the extent of the decay or damage that needs to be repaired. We carefully examine your teeth and recommend the most effective treatments for your specific problem.
Solutions for Replacing Missing Teeth
Not all teeth can be saved. A tooth may need to be extracted for a number of reasons. We offer simple extractions for teeth that have erupted above the gumline and surgical tooth extractions for teeth that are impacted, such as wisdom teeth. After extraction, we offer several options for replacing missing teeth.
We can restore your smile and replace missing teeth with:
- Dental bridge – A dental bridge is designed to replace two or more teeth in a row. The bridge is supported by the two surrounding teeth, which are known as abutment teeth. A bridge can also be supported by dental implants when adjacent teeth are missing.
- Dental implants – Implants are small titanium posts that are surgically implanted in the jawbone. The implant is an artificial tooth root that holds a prosthetic tooth in place. After the implant fuses to the bone, the replacement tooth is attached for a strong and stable replacement.
- Dentures – A denture is a removable appliance that replaces missing teeth. A partial denture replaces several missing teeth in a row. A full denture contains a complete arch of prosthetic teeth. Our custom-fit dentures are more functional, comfortable, and durable solutions for missing teeth.
Missing teeth should be replaced as soon as possible. When a tooth is missing, the surrounding teeth can shift into the empty space, which can cause other problems. In addition, gum loss and bone loss can result from missing teeth. We are happy to discuss the options for Mountain View restorative dentistry to solve your problem and preserve your healthy teeth and bone.
We believe in staying ahead of the curve when it comes to new techniques, better equipment and overall care.
Top Tier Staff
Our experienced doctors and staff take a gentle, skillful, and patient-centered approach to dentistry.
Our approach to your dental needs is a partnership with a focus on prevention and education.
Cutting Edge Technology
We pride ourselves on the cutting edge technology that we use to offer you the best care.