Treating Patients of All Ages in Redwood City, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto & Menlo Park
At Smile Craft Dental, we provide quality dental care for every member of the family, from small children to grandparents. We focus on preventing potential oral health problems with family dentistry in Mountain View, Redwood City, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park. Regular visits allow us to detect problems early and prevent dental problems.
Always a pleasure going to this dentist and has been the best I’ve ever had.Shari H.
Dental Cleanings & Exams
The American Dental Association (AMA) recommends routine dental checkups and cleanings twice a year for most patients. During a routine visit, the dentist will perform a detailed examination of your teeth, gums, and oral tissues. We use the latest technology for digital scans to reveal problems that are not easily visible. Oral cancer screening may be recommended for older adults.
The other part of your regular dental visits is a professional cleaning. Regular brushing and flossing are important, but regular professional cleanings allow us to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and gumline that are often missed. Our meticulous cleanings help ensure that your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures remain healthy, strong, and attractive.
Dentistry for Kids
Our Mountain View family dentistry services are offered to patients of all ages. Regular dental care is essential for lifelong oral health. We recommend scheduling your child’s first dentist appointment when the first teeth erupt or by the first birthday. Regular appointments allow us to monitor the development of the teeth and oral health. Developmental problems are easier to treat in the early stages. Keeping up with regular visits allows us to establish a strong foundation for a lifetime of oral health and beautiful teeth.
Personalized Care for Every Patient
Preventive care is the foundation of our Mountain View family dentistry services. However, some patients require more than just regular cleanings and exams to maintain their oral health. We offer a variety of services to accommodate the unique needs of every patient.
Our family dentistry services include:
- Periodontal Care – The health of your gum tissue is as important as your teeth. Periodontal disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. The condition is caused by an infection of the gum tissues, connective ligaments, and alveolar bone. If caught early enough, gum disease is easy to treat. For advanced periodontal disease, we may recommend scaling and root planing.
- Periodontal Maintenance – Periodontal disease becomes more difficult to treat when it progresses. We can help you maintain healthy gums with professional cleanings and periodontal maintenance.
- Mouthguards – Mouthguards protect the teeth from damage and injury. We may recommend a night guard for patients with bruxism (teeth grinding) to prevent enamel wear.
- Sportsguards – When playing contact sports, a hard tackle or a ball hitting the mouth can cause serious damage to the jaw and mouth. In extreme cases, the damage may be permanent. When engaging in physical activities, a custom sports mouthguard can protect against dental trauma and injury.
- Sleep Apnea – An oral appliance keeps the jaw in proper position to open the airway and improve breathing at night for people with obstructive sleep apnea. You may find that you are well-rested, alert, and happy when you get better sleep.
- Oral Appliance Therapy – Multiple treatment options are available for patients with sleep apnea. Some are more cost-effective than others. Oral appliance therapy is highly beneficial and affordable.
- TMJ – Temporomandibular joint disorders prevent the joint from moving properly and cause pain and discomfort. We offer treatment options to alleviate discomfort.
At Smile Craft Dental, we want our patients to get the care they need. We accept most dental insurance plans and work with our patients, even if we are not in-network. For patients without dental insurance, we have an in-house membership plan.
We believe in staying ahead of the curve when it comes to new techniques, better equipment and overall care.
Top Tier Staff
Our experienced doctors and staff take a gentle, skillful, and patient-centered approach to dentistry.
Our approach to your dental needs is a partnership with a focus on prevention and education.
Cutting Edge Technology
We pride ourselves on the cutting edge technology that we use to offer you the best care.